More and more of us are adopting a Vegan lifestyle. It might be because of choice around responsible eating or simply a way to improve our health. You may think this rise in conscious eating takes a lot of desserts firmly off the table. But, and isn’t there always a but, creative bakers are finding ways to unlock long-term favorites and adapt them for the vegan community. Chocolate cake is one of life’s ultimate pleasures and something that no one should live without. This easy and delicious chocolate vegan cake recipe will make you the envy of the bake sale and have vegans and none vegans alike, queuing for an extra slice.
Before You Start
This, oh so delicious, just happens to be vegan, chocolate cake is also pleasingly simple to make. It’s a pretty much dump the ingredients in a bowl and mix kind of a recipe. A square 8 x 8 pan is just right for this mix and beware the glaze takes a little while to cool so you’re going to have to try not to eat the whole thing while still warm. As ever, read the recipe twice and make sure you have everything you need to hand. Time to get started, and don’t be surprised if you end up licking the spoon!
Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
• 1 Cup Sugar
• 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
• 1 Cup Water (Warm)
• 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• ½ tsp Salt
• A little Almond or Vegan Butter substitute for greasing the baking pan
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 tsp Almond milk
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 175 C
2. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper
3. Add all the Cake ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well until a smooth Batter is formed
4. Add Batter to the baking pan and bake for around 30 minutes or so, until a toothpick comes out clean
5. Cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely
6. In a pan heat the Sugar, Almond Butter, Almond Milk and Cocoa Powder to a boil and then reduce and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and continue to stir for 5 minutes, adding in the Vanilla Extract
7. Pour the Frosting over the entire cake and leave to cool for 1 hour.
8. Slice, share and enjoy!This vegan chocolate cake recipe is a simple way to create a baking hit. It’s one of those recipes that friends and family will request over and over again. You can even fancy it up into a great tasting birthday or celebration cake with some imagination and a few vegan-friendly toppings.Vegan baking can be exciting, innovative and most definitely yummy. What are you waiting for? Go bake this delicious cake.